ECC Brussels will be presenting War Brides by Marion Craig Wentworth at FEATS 2015 in Hamburg (22-25 May 2015). The show will also be performed earlier in May in Brussels.
There are seven characters (four women, three men) in the show:
- Hedwig (Joan): “tall, well built, and carries herself proudly. Strong, intelligent features, but pale”
- Amelia (Amy): “a slight, flaxen-haired girl of nineteen”
- Mother: “sturdy and stoical”
- Minna: “young, pretty”
- Hoffman (Joseph Kerman): “familiar, inclined to stoutness, but good-looking”
- Arno:: “in his early twenties, and looks even younger than he really is”
- Hertz (Captain Bragg): “well along in years, rheumatic, but tremendously self-important”
The script (copyright-free) is available from http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/14602. If you are interested in auditioning, please contact the director, Conrad Toft, to arrange an audition time. Auditions will take place on 13 & 15 January 2015 at 20:00 and 18 January 2015 at 11:00. If you are unable to make those audition times, we may be able to find alternatives.