For a fun-filled evening of theatre and comedy, come to the American Theatre Company’s Cafe Theatre from April 13-16, 2011 at La Maison Blanche, 606 Chaussee de St. Job, 1180 UccleThere will be 5 short plays (see below) and improv comedy with delicious chilli buffet served by La Britannique and table service for drinks.
- Ferris Wheel by Mary Miller directed by Chris Flores starring Daniel Prior (All My Sons) and Hurmayonne Morgan (Anton in Showbusiness) takes the audience on an emotional and humorous ride that explores the private fears and struggles of two strangers stuck, dangling in the air, on this icon ride.
- Table One by Morgan Fisher directed by John Stanton – You know you are in the States when everything is well, Okay! If your visiting for the first time, be sure to stop by a local diner and everything will certainly be-Okay! Okay?
- The Philadelphia by David Ives – Ever had one of those days when you thought you wound up in another place and time and yet no one else even seemed to notice it? Perhaps you were actually in a Philadelphia or even a Baltimore which is very similar to a Philadelphia but not at all like a Los Angeles!
- Departures written and directed by Matthew Snoding – Sitting in Brussels Airport’s departure lounge, Ian is ready to meet his girlfriend Emily’s parents for the first time. Or is he?
- Lost by Mary Louise Wilson: Two old friends (Alma Forsyth as Alice and Sigrid Van Eepoel as Helen) get lost while going out to lunch.Cafe Theatre is kindly sponsored by Boston University Brussels, www.bu.edu/brussels